Communication is vital for any wiki to survive. We are a community and should act as such. This page will detail the rules in which discussion should be done under.
There are conventions in any discussion, article discussion or not:
- Signing - Users must sign their comments. This can be done by typing four tildes (~~~~) at the end of their post, or by clicking the signature button.
- Use of appropriate language - Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Users must not abuse other users, or attempt to silence their views. Treat other users civilly at all times.
- New heading for new topic - Users should make a new heading for each new discussion topic.
- Related to the article only - The article talk pages are only for discussing the contents and upkeep of the article itself. Please place all general comments and queries in the forums and blogs. Any such posts on the article talk pages will be removed.
- Do not alter any post that is not your own, unless it is to remove abusive content, or content that otherwise violates Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san Wiki or Wikia policy.
Users who see an unsigned comment may use Template:Unsigned to establish the identity of the poster of that particular comment. This does not however mean that you will not be rebuked for not signing posts.
These rules are in regards to our forums;
- No Flaming - be polite at all times to users here, no condescension, hostility or insulting other users just because they disagree with your opinion. eg-"You're a fool for thinking that!!", "You're clearly wrong!!"
- No Trolling - of any kind. Even if you feel a user has trolled, let the appropriate members of the team deal with it rather than respond in kind. Trolling is basically saying things you know will incite other members until they become annoyed. You are allowed to disagree but do not deliberately bait others as it is an indirect attack. eg-"People who like Bleach are insane!!"
- No Spamming - if a user has asked a question and they have got an answer, there is no need to make fun of them or spam the thread with things that contribute nothing to the discussion. If a discussion is over let it lie unless you want to build upon the actual topic. eg-"So the anime is returning tonight! *Psyche*"
- No Repeatedly Cloned Threads - if you want to post a topic then try to make an effort to see if a discussion was recently created about it as your question may have been answered there and you can also build upon an existing discussion with your own insight.